Saturday, July 23, 2011

Disc Golf and Other Things

Have YOU ever heard of disc golf? Well, I didn't know about it until Sunday afternoon. 

Three of my new friends here in Illinois asked me whether I wanted to join them in a game of disc golf. I didn't understand what game they wanted me to play - mainly because I thought the were saying diskov, which isn't a word in the English language - but I went anyways. When we arrived at the field, I saw a sign that read "Disc Golf." It wasn't until then that I knew the actual name of the game. We drew sticks to pick teams fairly and began. My teammate and I ended up losing horribly. By the time the game was halfway over, we were so far behind that it would have been nearly impossible to catch up. I did get to see a toad though Since I've never seen a toad before, it kind of delayed the game for a few minutes. Overall, I learned a lot about the sport, and I figured out why I've never drawn sticks or straws before. Rock, paper, scissors is much better‼‼

Here's a small list of a few other things that I learned this week: 
  • Google+ is great The hangout feature on this site is utterly amazing
  • I really enjoy both of the jobs that I have right now.
  • I'm excited to begin law school next month. I'm even more excited to write case briefs, which is a bit weird.
  • I really, really, really like grapefruits. I think that it may be because they remind me of my grandmother. She used to eat occasionally when I was a little girl.
  • The month of July is whizzing by rather quickly.
  • Trying to understand the motives of another person is the equivalent of trying to fly a hot air balloon with cold air. It's useless and will most likely be a big waste of time. It's usually better to simply be open and hope that that particular person will tell you the truth.
  • I should take my own advice more often‼‼‼

No comments:

Post a Comment