Monday, June 6, 2011

What's In A Subtitle?

Next City? Next Goal? Next Step?

Does such a subtitle have the potential to accurately describe the current road upon which I traverse? In simplest terms, yes, it does

To begin with, I am in a brand new city‼‼ Coming to Illinois has been a wonderful, yet occasionally difficult experience, e.g., my constant inability to make phone calls in my apartment. Luckily, I've already encountered some equally wonderful people here who have been able to help me with my transition. I haven't even been here a week, and I know that I'll be able to comfortably call this place home soon enough.

So about that next goal. I actually did have a goal in mind when I added those words to the subtitle of my blog. Generally speaking, my next goal is to obtain a Juris Doctor degree within the next three years. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, maybe not, but when considering other extremely arduous circumstances through which I preserved; this next goal seems much more feasible to say the least. 

Now how could I possibly explain that next step? I guess that next step can be best described as more of a series of small steps. Matter of fact, it may even correspond more closely to a dance, seeing as many of those steps will not continue along a linear path. They will be more like a dance or a performance. Just like in every performance, once the final steps have been made and the curtain has been pulled, life still goes on, but something has changed. That performance is over. Once it is over, a new focus with new steps and a new routine will emerge. You could say that now I'm taking my own steps, creating my own dance and getting ready to give my curtain call in only a few short years. Once the crowd stops applauding for me at my next commencement ceremony, I'll be One Step Closer... to the Real World.

No comments:

Post a Comment