Sunday, September 4, 2011

Every Day Isn't Dandelions and Apple Trees

Today has been the most difficult day I've had as a law school student. I haven't had time to synthesize last week's materials. My readings for this week are most definitely piling up. (In other words, I have roughly six hours of reading to complete for Tuesday alone.) I'm also having quite a bit of trouble finding relevant sources for one of my most important early assignments. My work ethic is working against me. My motivation seems to have gone down the drain. Nothing has gone smoothly all day and, as always, time is not on my side. 

Am I angry? No. Am I frustrated? A little. Am I worried? Absolutely not! 

Chemists, who hold dear the teachings of Isaac Newton, agree that, "For every action there is an equal and opposition reaction." Grammy award winning singers Mary Mary remind us that, "We all need a little dirt to grow." When problems arise in our lives, no matter how great or small, it's important to stay encouraged and continue to do our best. Every day isn't dandelions and apple trees. Matter of fact, some days can be more like ferocious lions and bumble bees! Nevertheless, it's hard to appreciate the good things in your life if you never have a few hardships. It's during those times that it becomes important not to give up, but to take baby steps. You can still get where you want to go! Just keep walking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment